Responsible for the coordination and oversight of the various millwork projects: providing a liaison between clients and company personnel; establishing schedules; ensuring materials purchase, production, and installation; direction of drafting activities, and other similar duties, primarily those pertaining to the completion of contracted projects.
The project manager will be responsible for the successful co-ordination and oversight of various aspects of assigned projects.
- Oversees a team to ensure projects are completed, on budget, on time and to specifications
- Self preforms and delegates work and assignments to team members based on expertise, work experience and time constraints.
Oversee and coordinate and various millwork projects: liaison with architects/general contractors; establish critical path schedule for all projects; confer with other staff to develop schedules for production of shop drawings; materials purchases; shop production and delivery, confirm bid estimates with actual job specifications, follow-up on any discrepancies as necessary; responsible for field measurements and coordination, and relay to the appropriate personnel; monitor progress of projects; keep abreast of plan changes, completion dates, delay penalties, extension provisions, etc.; submit detailed drawings and schedules. Summarize information regarding change orders and ensure proper handling. Ensure installation contractor(s) have insurance certificates and other needed forms according to company procedures.
Ensure the quality and timeliness of drafting work: review shop drawings and submit to affected others for review; maintain timeline schedules; respond to inquiries and/or resolve difficulties pertaining to projects.
Provide Accounting Department with billing information each month. Ensure requisitions are correct, complete, and in proper format for customer acceptance. Become involved in collections as required for projects.
Recognize, describe, and obtain costs from Estimating Department for all changes to contract scope during the course of the job. Acquire written approval of all changes prior to ordering work.
Ensure the proper performance of installation subcontractors, coordinating field conditions.
Perform other similar duties as responsibility or necessity dictate, or requested by supervisor.
Required Skills / Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate
- Through understanding of or the ability to quickly learn about the project or product being developed
- Proficient with Microsoft Office including, Word and excel.
- Proven knowledge of the requirements to manufacture and install Architectural Millwork and the AWI Standards
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors or Associates Degree in related field, such as Construction Management, Engineering or Architecture, desired.
- At least three years of related experience required
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 15 lbs.
- Ability to climb stairs when required at job sites
- Ability to use various electronic and manual measuring devices on job sites
- Ability to stand, knee and squat and move about job sites to obtain field dimensions
- When required to obtain field dimensions, climb step ladders and other elevated platforms to a height of 12 feet
Send resume by email firstname.lastname@example.org, fax 413-585-0826, or mail to Wright Architectural Millwork Corp., 115 Industrial Drive, Northampton, MA 01060
Wright Architectural Millwork is located in Northampton, MA. We are central to the 5 colleges (Mt. Holyoke, UMASS, Smith College, Amherst College, Hampshire College). We have been AWI members for 27 years, and part of the QCP program.
Wright Architectural Millwork’s vision is to be a world-class woodworking company centered on values of trust and respect. Our mission is to provide our customers with the very best value in millwork products and services. We achieve this by employing the best people, utilizing current technologies and materials, and conducting all activities with honesty and integrity.
NO HEAD HUNTERS PLEASE